Gethin Jones Unlocking Potential is committed to protecting your privacy. We are required by law to obtain your consent, freely given, to hold and process your personal data. The data shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. The data collected shall be adequate, relevant, accurate and up to date. It will be retained only for as long as necessary. Data will be processed in an appropriate manner to maintain security and ensure against unauthorised processing or accidental loss/damage.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Gethin Jones Unlocking Potential collects personal information. By ‘personal information’ we mean data such as names, addresses, email addresses, images, medical need and possibly details of incidents. We may use this information to:
- Communicate with you regarding activities or room bookings
- Keep financial records (provide an audit trail to identify source of income)
- Make it easier for you to access information and make future bookings
- Efficiently deal with enquiries and incidents
- Recruit new staff/current staff payroll services
Visitors to our websites/social media platforms
When someone visits our websites/social media platforms we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site so that we can provide information according to our customers’ needs and requirements. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
The only time we request personal information via our website would be when a booking is made online. This information is collated in an email and sent directly to the Gethin Jones Unlocking Potential Administrator for processing.
Security of data
- Personal data we hold will not be shared with any third parties.
- Personal data will not be used to send out mass mailings unless you have asked to receive them
- Data will be held securely at all times in the EU, both hard copy and digitally, and disposed of carefully and effectively
- Data relating to current and past bookings will be retained for 1 year after the financial year to which it relates
- Data relating to financial information (for example booking invoices and employee data) will be retained for 6 years after the financial year to which it relates, since there is a legal obligation
- Data relating to staff will be retained for up to 7 years and volunteers for up to 2 years