Day Programme 9am – 4pm (20 Staff Maximum)
The programme will start with my own story. This story will show how individuals within Prisons and wider Support Services engaged me and supported my transformation. I will also share my professional experience of supporting vulnerable groups.
The programmes will increase participant’s levels of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. This will enhance their ability to engage and support those most in need and support positive organisational outcomes.
The content will include: –
- My Story
- What is the Prison Officer Role – Understanding of role and responsibility.
- Rapport/relationship building –How this links to supporting residents (Direct link to FMI training). I will share Steve Covey’s Emotional Bank
- Narratives – Understanding both client’s and their own narratives.
- Scenarios – Linked to their Prison Officer role.
- Role play
- Dr Eric Berne’s Parent-Adult-Child Model – This will increase personal awareness and show how communication styles can be adapted dependent on the residents individual needs.
- Challenge and Support– I will be explaining how to best challenge and support and this will link to the Parent-Adult-Child model.
- Relationship building – Steve Covey’s Emotional Bank – We will explore how to build relationships through rapport.