Gethin is an excellent communicator who is able to have difficult conversations but also empower others to do this. He took over the AIT (Alcohol Intervention Team) at a difficult time, which included taking over from a disengaged previous manager, a team at a low eb and the start of a service redesign. He managed the team through this difficult time with great skill including
- raising both staffs feelings of self-worth (e.g. one staff member saying it was the best year for AIT),
- becoming a more outcome focussed service,
- improving links with partners,
- maintaining a high performing service through re-design
- supporting staff to become skilled within the new service
- increasing awareness and managing governance issues
I would highly recommend Gethin as an effective Leader and manager.